A fun to make recipe and a tasty appetizer that will impress your visitors, elegant enough for any holiday buffet and a great finger party food;I so guarantee that this will first disappear from your table buffet!!If you are feeding a crowd, you might need to double or even triple the quantity. Every shrimp is wrapped with a spring roll wrapper, lending the shrimp a crunchy texture when fried. The tails are left intact, acting as a handle.
Freeze them raw and fry just before serving. Serve them with sweet and sour sauce, chili sauce or your favorite dip. Enjoy!!
Thaw the frozen package of spring roll on a counter top for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
Shrimp peeled and deveined with tails left intact.
Lay the shrimp in the middle of each wrapper (triangle). Mix the paste ingredients in a small bowl.Smear the edges of the triangle with the flour paste.Wrap the triangle tightly around the shrimp, with the tail outside the wrapper.
Ready to fry or freeze.
Fried to a golden color
Serve warm with your favorite sauce. My favorite condiment is sweet chili sauce
- 16 medium-sized shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails left intact
- 8 spring roll wrappers, cut in half diagonally to create two triangles.
- A pinch salt
- A dash freshly grated white pepper
For the paste:
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup water
- Canola oil for deep frying
- Lightly pound the inside of the curve of each shrimp with a meat mallet to straighten it a bit.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Lay the shrimp in the middle of each wrapper (triangle).
- Mix the paste ingredients in a small bowl.
- Smear the edges of the triangle with the flour paste.
- Wrap the triangle tightly around the shrimp, with the tail outside the wrapper.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or (even a saucepan) to an adequate frying temperature. Fry in batches to a golden color. Serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use photos without prior written permission.