Creamy Mushroom Sauce
A versatile sauce served over toasted bread or grilled steak or even scooped over pasta – my preferable way to enjoy it is over toasted bread. I am a huge fan of mushrooms and love a lot anything creamy, so the combo is right up my alley. A little pinch of parmesan gives the cream a deeper taste and a diced sprig of rosemary at the end of the cooking adds a touch of charm to your sauce. If you are looking for the lowest calorie sauce, then this is not for you. Or simply lighten up the sauce by using low fat cream. Happy eating!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 rosemary sprig, diced
- 400 g. /14 oz. button mushrooms, or your favorite mushrooms, sliced
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of freshly grated black pepper
- Heat a skillet until very hot. Add the butter and mushrooms and stir well until the juices start to release. Continue cooking until the mushrooms has considerably wilted. (No worries if there is still water out of the mushrooms)
- Add the crushed garlic and stir well.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Add the parmesan and diced rosemary
- Continue cooking over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Drizzle over toasted bread, grilled steak or pasta. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don't use photos without prior written permission.