Fruity Grilled Nectarine Salad
I love fruity salads and I made them a whole bunch of times! They are awesome for backyard barbecues, family gatherings and get together with friends!. Here is a delightful tasty salad loaded with grilled nectarine, fresh mozzarella cheese, raspberries and dried cherries with a homemade honey vinegar balsamic dressing! Yes a filling salad without being too heavy!
I thought of making this salad with burrata but unfortunately I couldn’t find burrata in Kinshasa, so I altered my choice and shifted back to mozzarella! What is burrata ? A fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream and my absolute new favorite! I order burrata salad whenever we dine out at “Limoncello” – a pretty Italian restaurant in Kinshasa with good food and great atmosphere! For a comfortable dining experience, keep this restaurant on your dining agenda.
Now back to the salad! If you think that nectarines/ peaches are delicious in salads, wait until they’re grilled – grilling will bring out the sweetness and natural juiciness in them…Pair them with fresh mozzarella, raspberries and dried cherries and enjoy the contrast of flavors!
A symphony of textures that tantalizes the palate! You will have one of summers more refreshing salads. Make it a full meal by serving it next to grilled meat or chicken, or serve it as a side and it could very well upstage the main course! You will love how fresh and crispy everything is in this salad!! Happe eating!!
- 3 nectarines
- 200 g. / 7 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- A handful of dried cherries
- A small head of lettuce, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, to brush the grill pan
- ¼ cup reduction of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of fine olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A pinch of salt
A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- To make the dressing: Whisk the balsamic vinegar reduction and honey in a medium bowl. Gradually stir in the olive oil, and season with salt. Set aside.
- Cut the peaches into wedges.
- Prepare a grill pan, and brush it with canola oil, and add the peach wedges, and grill on both sides, or until grill marks slightly appear on the peach wedges.
- Tear the lettuce and scatter on large plate, top with the grilled peaches and mozzarella slices, alternately. Scatter the raspberries and dried cherries. Sprinkle the freshly grated black pepper on top.
- Drizzle the dressing just upon serving! How delicious!!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don't use photos without prior written permission.