- Banana Nutella Cake, moist , rich and decadent, and it comes out perfect everytime I make it!! Make it once, and I am pretty sure you will find yourself coming back to this ultra delicious cake!!
- An old family favorite that I adapted with new photos
Out of the World Banana Nutella Cake
Bananas and nutella- what a great combo! Just imagine the two ingredients together and I am sure at this point there is no need to explain more. Or at least that’s what I think! I love the flavors . The cake is unbelievably moist and tender with an evident banana presence filled to the brim with Nutella – yum!! As much as I love a plain banana cake, I love it even more with Nutella. It adds such a nice character to the cake. Every one of my friends who has a slice of this banana nutella cake ask me for the recipe! The cake goes well with your morning coffee or afternoon tea!
- A great recipe to consume the overripe bananas, preferably the spotty ones, sitting in your fruit bowl begging to be used! The spotty ones have more flavor!
- For optimal results, make sure all the cake ingredients are at room temperature.
- Crushed hazelnuts can be added to the cake!
- You can opt to omit the Nutella, and the cake would still taste wonderful, but I would love to keep the Nutella – bananas and Nutella are a match made in food heaven!!
- When adding the flour mixture to the batter, mix it until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Preheat the oven before you get started!
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar, if you desire, for a decorating finish!
Begin by greasing and flouring a large loaf cake pan. Pour half the cake batter into the cake pan. Distribute the banana slices equally on top. Spread the Nutella equally over the banana slices.
Pour the rest of the batter evenly over the banana slices and Nutella, completely covering them. Your cake is ready for baking!
Today my eldest son turns 22., Hicham, you will remain the little bundle of joy and a piece of my heart. The birthday cake I baked today is so soft and sweet, but it can never be as sweet as you. Happy birthday mom!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup/ 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Powdered sugar, to dust the cake after baking, optional
- Grease and butter a large loaf cake pan with a capacity of 8 cups.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Mix together the milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a bowl on medium speed until it becomes creamy.
- Add the sugar and mashed bananas and beat for 20 seconds.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat for 1 minute. Add the milk and beat for 20 seconds.
- Sift the flour mixture over the cake batter. Scrape down the edges of the bowl and stir well to fully incorporate the batter.
- Pour half the cake batter into the cake tin. Distribute the banana slices equally on top. Spread the Nutella equally over the banana slices.
- Pour the rest of the batter evenly over the banana slices.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until you insert a knife in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Invert onto a flat dish. Dust with powdered sugar if you desire! Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, share your pictures on Facebook! I would love to see your creations!Hashtag them #Hadia's Lebanese Cuisine