Out Of The World Banana Nutella Cake
Bananas and nutella- what a great combo! Just imagine the two ingredients together and I am sure at this point there is no need to explain more. Now yes, yes! I know what you are thinking. Nutella is not a healthy choice in any way, but still it won’t be harmful every once in a while!
Today my eldest son turns 22. He is miles away from home – a master student in business at the University of Montreal. I am trying to stay strong to conquer the feeling of not being able to see him, so I thought of making this fabulous cake to celebrate the occasion!
My dear Hicham, you will remain the little bundle of joy and a piece of my heart. The birthday cake I baked today is so soft and sweet, but it can never be as sweet as you. Happy birthday mom!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup/ 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Grease and butter a large bundt pan with a capacity of 7 cups.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Mix together the milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a bowl on medium speed until it becomes creamy.
- Add the sugar and mashed bananas and beat for 20 seconds.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat for 1 minute. Add the milk and beat for 20 seconds.
- Sift the flour mixture over the cake batter. Scrape down the edges of the bowl and stir well to fully incorporate the batter.
- Pour half the cake batter into the cake tin. Distribute the banana slices equally on top. Spread the Nutella equally over the banana slices.
- Pour the rest of the batter evenly over the banana slices.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until you insert a knife in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Invert onto a flat dish. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use photos without prior written permission.