Marinated Grill Steak with Honey Roasted Corn. A guest post from Kecia at : http://keciasflavorbreakthrough.com/
I am so thrilled to introduce you to my sweet talented friend, Kecia from : http://keciasflavorbreakthrough.com/ . Aside from being talented, Kecia is such a lovely lady and I am pleased to call her my friend; she has a wonderful blog full of family friendly recipes with step-by-step tutorials and clear instructions. She has a beautiful recipe for you today and I am sure you are going to simply drool over. “Marinated Grill Steak with Honey Roasted Corn”. Thank you Kecia for posting and I am so happy to have you here!
Be sure to stop by her blog to see more of her wonderful ideas. And now without further ado, here is Kecia’s recipe:
I was so excited and honored when Hadia asked me to do a guest post to share with her readers! Hadia is truly inspiring, talented and kind. I “met” Hadia through blogging last year and have truly enjoyed following her wonderful recipes. She is truly inspiring!
Hadia did a guest post for me awhile back for Cream of Mushroom Soup! It was a beautiful post, please come by and see it. So when Hadia asked me to do this post for her I knew I had to have something I thought was really tasty, so this is one of my latest creations, I do hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much Hadia for having me.
Marinated Steak with Honey Roasted Corn!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
I know, I don’t usually use pre-seasoned items in my recipes, but I saw this corn blend in the freezer section and thought it would be perfect for this meal. I think I will eventually try to copycat it, but for now? I think I will just give it a try! I was going to make some breakfast for dinner, but the forecast was for weather that was too nice to cook on the stove! Time to grill and I had some really nice thin sliced steak in the fridge.
- 1 pound thinly sliced steak
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt and some black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or 1 tablespoon chili paste (optional)
- 1 package Green Giant Honey Roasted Sweet Corn ***
- Place steaks in a shallow dish. Mix together olive oil, wine, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper and chili flakes/paste in a bowl and whisk together. Pour over steak and marinate for at least ½ hour. Place the contents of the corn package onto a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and seal tightly. Preheat Grill to medium, at this time place corn packet on grill, top rack if you have one or away from direct flame. When grill is heated, place steaks on grill and flip corn. Corn should be on grill for at least 10 minutes to heat through. Turn steaks often and cook to desired doneness. It won’t take long because they are very thin. Pour corn into bowl and lay steak on top. Serve hot. I am serving with my Cilantro Chili Lime Rice and a salad.
- ***You could make your own honey roasted corn by combining corn, bell pepper, a bit of olive oil, a little honey, and some salt and pepper and placing in the foil packet.
Hi, I am Kecia, from Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough! I love to create new recipes using minimally processed ingredients and sharing them with all of my readers. I have been blogging for almost two years, over 200 recipes and more to come!! So come on by where if it is as good on the plate as it is in my head, recipes will post soon!
Be sure to check out Kecia’s blog and follow her on her social media accounts as well.