An energy boosting breakfast and a good source of protein and fiber, and a great way to start a day! If you have never made granola before, give our recipe a try! My granola is filled with rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, shaved almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, raisins and honey. The recipe is delicious and crunchy – and you can customize it according to what you like! You can replace your favorite nut or dried fruit, and also replace the honey with maple syrup!
Enjoy it for breakfast with your favorite milk (almond milk for vegans) or yogurt topped with some fresh fruits. You can even eat it on its own on dry for snacking! Enjoy!
- 4 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almond shaves
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon sugar vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil or parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews, salt and vanilla.
- In a small saucepan combine the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon powder (if used) and sugar and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Pour the hot liquid over the oat mixture and mix well, making sure all the oats are moistened.
- Spread onto the lined baking sheet, in a single layer, and bake for 40-45 minutes to a golden color, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the raisins and dried cranberries; set aside to cool down completely then store in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy!
Note: Keep an eye on the granola while baking and remember that all ovens are different!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use photos without prior written permission.