CHOCOLATE PIE WITHRASPBERRY COULIS
Chocolate Piewith Raspberry Coulis!! Yes, chocolate and raspberries are a match made in heaven!! Here is a buttery pastry filled with a creamy glossy chocolate goodness, topped with fresh raspberries and accompanied by a raspberry coulis, the tartness of the raspberries balancesthe chocolate pie smartly!! Oh boy, indulgence at its top!!
The vibrant raspberry coulis is so versatile and goes perfectly over chocolate cakes, ice creams and pancakes!
But still, the picture doesn’t do the tart justice and it is hard to describe how tasty this is!! I will just tell you that it is pure sweet heaven!!And now I will leave you with this gorgeous recipe. Happy eating!!
Place the dark chocolate and milk chocolate in a saucepan. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop the chocolate.Add the egg yolks, heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and butter.
Whisk the saucepan mixture over medium heat, incorporating until the chocolate and other ingredients infuse together, obtaining a shiny chocolate sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer, whisk one more time and set aside to cool down.
Transfer the cooled pie shell to a serving plate and pour the chocolate filling into it.
Delicately, add the raspberries on top! Yes, indulgence at its top!!
Drizzle this coulis over each serving. Enjoy and indulge in every sweet chocolate raspberry bite!
For the pie crust:
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 sticks / 340 g. / 12 oz. butter
- 5-6 tablespoons water
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 200 g. / 7 oz. dark chocolate
- 200 g. /7 oz. milk chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 1cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the raspberry coulis:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or thawed raspberries if frozen
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water, or a bit more if you like it runny
- 11/2 cups fresh raspberries
To prepare the pie crust:
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Divide the cold butter into small pieces and integrate it into the flour mix. Add the egg yolk and water. Mix well until you end up with a dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly grease a 30cm/12 inches round tin. Roll out the crust on a lightly floured surface and spread it over the tart tin to line the bottom and sides of the tin. Prick with the tines of a fork.
- Bake the pie crust to a light golden color, it takes about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down completely.
To prepare the chocolate filling:
- Place the dark chocolate and milk chocolate in a saucepan. Using a sharp knife, roughly chop the chocolate.
- Add the egg yolks, heavy cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and butter. Whisk the saucepan mixture over medium heat, incorporating until the chocolate and other ingredients infuse together, obtaining a shiny chocolate sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer, whisk one more time and set aside to cool down.
Transfer the crust to a serving plate and pour the chocolate filling into the cooled pie shell.
Cover the filling with some fresh raspberries.
For the raspberry coulis:
Purée the coulis ingredients together, using a blender. Serve the coulis on the side and over each serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don’t use photos without prior written permission.