Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Grilled chicken breasts, pineapple slices, romaine lettuce, red kidney beans and cherry tomatoes all paired with a mayo-honey dressing! The chicken starts out with a milk and oil marinade, then grilled in a grill pan. The favorite part of this salad is when the grilled chicken, pineapple and mayo- honey combine together on my tongue. Yes, yes, a huge hit!! Grilled chicken and pineapple salad is my new favorite dicsovery!!
A salad I served to friends a few days ago and got rave reviews, but was so busy playing hostess that I missed photographing the beauty! Today when my son asked me to make it one more time, I promised myself to take pictures and post it here for you all to enjoy it! If you are feeding a crowd, you might need to double the quantity.
A great salad for your summer gatherings and will definitely be added to your salad repertoire. Enjoy!!
Cumin powder adds such a subtle flavor to the dressing.
Marinating the chicken in milk and oil adds flavor and moisture to them. Check our Bonelss chicken breasts marinated in oil and milk
Chop the romaine lettuce and add to a large serving dish. Neatly arrange the drained beans, cherry tomatoes, grilled chicken and pineapple slices.
The mayo-honey dressing is phenomenal with the grilled chicken and pineapple!!
- 1 kg. /2 lbs. 4 oz. chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 800g. / 28 oz. canned pineapple slices, drained
- 400g. /14 oz. canned red beans, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the marinade:
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup milk
- A pinch salt
- A dash of black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- A dash of cayenne powder, optional, but adds flavor
- A pinch of salt
- In a large ceramic bowl, combine the milk and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the thick chicken strips and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat your grill pan to medium-high heat; meantime drain the chicken strips from the marinade.
- Add the chicken strips to the grill (you will probably need to do this in batches), flipping every now and then and basting with ¼ cup of the marinade until well cooked and browned on both sides. (It takes about 7-10 minutes) Set aside.
- To the same grill pan add the pineapple slices (no need to clean it; the residues of the chicken will add flavor to the pineapple slices) and grill on both sides to a golden color. Set aside.
- Chop the romaine lettuce and add to a large serving dish. Neatly arrange the drained beans, cherry tomatoes, grilled chicken and pineapple slices.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Adjust salt to your taste preference and assemble with your salad! Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to subscibe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please don't use photos without prior written permission.